Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Late Nights and Long Talks....

Do you ever have nights where you just don't want to sleep? Trust me, they happen rarely at college. :-) I was all set to go to bed tonight and found myself wide awake with my mind racing. So, instead of doing the logical thing and laying there until I dozed off I decided to post on here again. This means that after months of long absence I'm posting twice in the space of a few days...what's wrong here? Probablly nothing I say after 12:00 makes sense to anyone, but that's ok.
Hmmm. what's running through my mind? Right now, I'm reminded of how many things I am thankful for in life....(Aaron do you mind if I borrow an idea from one of your previous posts? :-)
I am so blessed....what am I thankful for?
The many dear friends God has given to me
Being able to simply live and enjoy life
Finding joy in the little things
Playing the piano
Singing loudly when no one is listening
Classes to stretch my thinking
Philosophical discussions
A roommate who can read my mind
Late nights and long talks
Laughter
My bed
The fact that 7:00 classes won't last forever
Waking up and hitting snooze
Sweatpants and sweatshirts
Being able to run
Eating home-cooked food
Seeing the new life of spring come to the earth
Melting snow
The ocean
Sunsets (and sunrises if I am awake)
Pictures to remember memories
Girlfriends to share secrets with
A family who loves me
A God who saved me
God's Word to guide me
Eternity to look forward to.....

"At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You..." Ps. 119:62

No comments:

Post a Comment