Monday, March 21, 2011

Nearer, Ever Nearer

"We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him" 2 Cor. 5:6-9 (ESV)

These verses have brought me great encouragement the past few days…
Walking by faith…living day by day…trusting…not seeing the outcome, but resting in the One who knows all. This is our calling. He is our prize. I pray that my great desire and overwhelming passion will be to please Christ, whether here on earth or in His presence for eternity.

Today I read this...

"Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed. The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light." Romans 13:11-12 (ESV)

What hope and indescribable joy are contained in these verses! Salvation is nearer now than ever. I came to know Christ as a young child, and already I am twenty years closer to seeing Him; twenty years closer to being sanctified, glorified, and eternally free from sin…twenty years closer to standing in awe of the glory of my Savior and worshipping Him in a perfect body, with a perfect voice, in a perfect place, with fullness of joy. The very thought fills me with excitement and wonder.

Yet, a question remains…what have I accomplished in the last twenty years of walking with Christ? What will I do for Him with however many years I have left before He returns or calls me to my eternal home? Will I be found faithful? The time is short…"The night is far gone, the day is at hand. So let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light."

No comments:

Post a Comment