Saturday, December 03, 2011

Future Songs

A couple of poems that I hope to one day turn into songs.

(Untitiled)

I believe Your mind exceeds all of man's wisdom,
Your power is greater than I can see or ever know.
Your ways are higher than the sum of all our knowledge,
You comprehend each minute act on earth below.

Your light goes forth to break the power of darkness,
Your love extends to the foolish and the wise.
Your compassions are new every morning,
You do not sleep, You never change, and cannot lie.

You are God, the Holy, Sovereign King eternal.
You give grace to the humble and strength to the weak.
You are greater than our finite minds can fathom,
Yet You reveal Yourself to all who seek.




When I Wake


When I wake with the morning,
There's a longing in my soul that will not cease,
When I wake in the quiet
Of the night, my heart cries out for peace.
When I rise to meet the new day,
I'm reminded that Your mercies never cease
But still I'm longing, still I'm aching
For the day when Your work in me is complete...

When I wake in Your likeness
And every remnant of my sin is washed away,
When I wake in Your likeness,
When my soul rests and I behold Your face.
When I wake in Your likeness
Earth's shadow dims as Heaven's glory fills my eyes.
When I wake in Your likeness
Cleansed and clothed in the righteousness of Christ.


- Copyright Heidi Robbins 2011

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Heidi!! They would make wonderful songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good for my soul and spirit!!!!! Can I get a copy of them ?

    ReplyDelete